Hello fellow foodies,
This recipe is a family favorite and from damn delicious. I just don’t add the parsley leaves or cheddar cheese.
I cooked up the last 2lb with white onion and minced garlic when I made the meat loaf. Then I seperated it into two freezer bags, 1lb each. So when I made this recipe I just pulled out one of those.
For the meat:
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1lb ground beef.
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz ) can diced tomatoes and green chilo, undrained .
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano and basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed res pepper flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place meat in the bottom of the crockpot. Dump in sauces and spices. Stir and cover.
Cook on low 7-8hrs or high 3-4hrs
- 1 ( 9 oz) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Uncover and stir in tortellini and cheese for the last 15- 30min until noodles are tender.
It is major comfort food! We usually eat it with garlic rolls and a salad 🙂