Hello fellow foodies,
One of our friends recently became vegan and I’ve been testing and adjusting recipes ever since.
This one is a favorite and is pretty interchangeable which makes it an easy recipe 🙂 Plus it’s a crockpot meal which is always a win!
You can easily add 1lb of ground turkey or beef but I left ours meatless this go around.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (had pinto on hand)
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans
- 2 (15oz) fire roasted dices tomatoes (had italian on hand)
- 1 4oz can of chili
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper (had yellow on hand)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cumin, chili powder and oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
Drain and rinse beans then add them to crockpot. Dump the rest of the cans and vegetable broth in.
Add diced onion and bell pepper.
Finally the spices which is always my son’s job.
Lastly mix it all together and cook on low 6-8hrs or high 3-4hrs.
Serve it with any additional toppings that you prefer and enjoy!