Last night we threw a party for my husband’s vet class. He has a handful of vegan classmates so I wanted to make sure everything was vegan friendly.
I made 3 different dips and doubled them all. I also made vegan and nonvegan snickerdoodles.
First one Cowboy Caviar
Recipe is simple just mix all of the following:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar (add half than more based on taste preference)
- 1/4 white wine vinegar (add half than more based on taste preference)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 1 15oz black eyed peas
- 1 11oz can sweet corn drained (or 15oz golden just add less)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
Mexican 7 layer dip
- 1 15oz can of refried beans
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (1/3-1/2 package)
Mix together with hand mixer spread on 9×12 pan.
Gucamole (recipe listed below)
3rd layer – (not used in vegan version)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1-2 tsp cumin
1/2 diced bell pepper
1 roma tomato
3 diced green onions
Olives, I accidently got the extra diced instead of sliced.
Third dip was Gucamole
Recipe is super simple:
- 4-5 medium avocados mashed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 8oz of salsa.
I mash the avocados with a hand masher or mixer. I’ll often add 3-4oz of softened cream chesse when mashing ( non vegan version).
Then mix in lime juice, garlic cloves and salsa! Easy and delicious!
Everything was a huge hit and they all make great leftovers!