Hellow fellow foodies,
This is the lasagna recipe I grew up on, my Mom came up with it! I’ve made it a variety of ways for many family and friends. It’s so easy and versatile.
When it was just my husband and I…I would make 2 8×8 pans and freeze one. Only alteration I made was doing a 24oz can of hunts pasta sauce instead of the 15oz tomato sauce.
My mom also fed large crowds using an 18×24 pan which is 1.5 recipes.
I’ve made lots of alterations to this recipe over the years. I’ve used homemade tomatoe sauce and simply left out the tomato soup (just add additional 10oz). I usually use this alternative for the cream of mushroom. I’ve also used sausage, turkey sausage, seasoned beef, and tofu. The possibilties are endless!
This time around I stuck with the original recipe since we’ve been traveling and didnt get home until early afternoon Christmas Eve. Didnt want to go shopping and so I cooked and froze the sausage but the rest I had in my pantry.
- 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 10.5 oz tomato soup
- 10.5oz cream of mushroom
- 1lb sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of cheese
1. Brown sausage and cook lasagma noodles according to box. Drain noodles and either run through cold water or lay out on wax paper to cool.
2. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl and spray 9×13 pan.
3. Layer lasagna, 4 layers.
- 3/4-1cup of sauce (usually do 1 cup for the last two layers)
- 1/3lb sausage (none on top layer)
- 1/2 cup of cheese (more if desired)
4. Preheat oven to 350, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 1hr hour.
That’s it! Super easy and so delicious!
Merry Christmas!!! 🙂
One thought on “Easy Lasagna”