Hello fellow foodies,
We had friends over for dinner earlier this week so I doubled up this soup recipe to serve with taquitos and salad.
I could’ve easily made a single recipe but we love it and I frooze half in a gallon zi0lock for another night (simply thaw the night before in the fridge and warm up in a large pot on medium high heat).
Recipe (serves 4):
- 10oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 15oz can white beans
- 2 15oz cans black beans.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 4oz can diced chile (we use one regular 1 fire roasted when doubling)
- 1 can diced italian tomatoes (I had stewed on hand so broke up the tomatoes with my fingers)
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4oz cream cheese (optional) *
*added 1hr before serving
- Tortilla chips
- Green onions
- Mini bell peppers
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
Place frozen or thawed chicken breats on the bottom of the crockpot.
In a large bowl mix everything together except cream cheese. Dump mixture on top of chicken.
Cook on high 3-4hrs or low 6-8hrs.
One hour before serving remove chicken and shred. Mix chicken back in with soup.
Cube cream cheese and plop on top.
Stir in cream cheese before serving.
Let everyone add in their additional toppings and enjoy!