Hello fellow parents,
I’m planning a trip to Disneyland in a couple of months with my best friend! We are soooo excited! Since I’m going kid free….I knew I really only needed a smaller bag.
I decided to invest in another jujube minibe. What sold me on the newer version was the outside bottle pockets! So far I’ve only tried fitting a 15oz waterbottle and 20oz thermos. The thermos is a tight squeeze but it works 🙂
Anywho I already have two 2.0 minibe(s), one for each of my kids, so I figured why not! They’ve lasted, are machine washable and fit a ton!
The 2.0 and 3.0 are essentially the same but these are the main differences I’ve noted:
- Bottle pockets are on the 3.0 (pictured above).
- 3.0 seems slightly taller but it’s also newer.
- The 2.0 seems wider but it’s not cinched together by bottle pockets.
- The backing on the 3.0 is diamonds and the 2.0 has a large star.
- The interior of the 3.0 is a print and the 2.0 has a solid color.
- Exterior hardware is black on the 3.0 and silver on the 2.0
- The inside pocket is a few inches deeper on the 3.0 than 2.0
Both are machine washable. Both have padded shoulder straps that can be adjusted. Both have a deep front pocket.
My 18month old daughter is 22lbs and around 2ft tall. My son is almost 4yrs old and over 3ft tall. It fits him perfectly and he uses his as a car/school bag. It swallows up my daughter a little bit but packed light she can carry it comfortably and move around.
Since they each already have one I decided I’d use the 3.0 as our hiking backpack for now and after my trip.
In the backpack I keep the following:
- Medium travelon case with a granola bar for each of us, gum and applesauce for them.
- Large be organized set piece with spare pants, underwear and socks for each of them.
- First aide kit, this one is one of my favorites!
- Kandoo wipes, biodegradable and flushable.
- 3 waterbottles
Occasionally I will grab fruit on my way out or kleenex to put in the inside zippered pocket.
Having it all packed up and ready to go makes it 10x easier to go hiking more often. I usually keep it by the front door or in the car.
It’s a worthy and durable investment you won’t regret! You can even order it on Amazon with free 2 day shipping (with prime)! Or if you’re signed up with buybuybaby you can get a 20% off coupon with free shipping!
You can check out the video version of this post here.
Disclaimer : I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.