Hello fellow foodies,
I’m so excited! I finally found a type of fish that doesn’t smell or taste like fish. I kept from telling my husband until after we had dinner and he was shocked! He ate an extra serving and normally is not a fan of fish. So if this sounds like anyone in your family this is the recipe for you!
- 2.5 lbs. (1 bag) Mahi Mahi, raw
- Season salt
- 2 cups canned lite coconut milk
- 1 cup white jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3-4 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbs. Sugar or Stevia
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 medium pineapple, diced
Combine the milk, rice, ginger, and coconut oil in a large skillet.
Bring to a boil, stir, and cook according to rice package directions (simmer 15-20). Be sure to check often so rice doesn’t over cook. We doubled the rice in this recipe because my kids love it.
Once the rice is cooked mix in the sugar, shredded coconut, and green onion.
While the rice is cooking grill the mahi mahi fish. I like to generously sprinkly season salt on either side.
Serve the fish over your rice and top it with pineapple. It’s a lot like hawiaan haystacks but much healthier. Our family loves it!
This recipe is so quick and easy! Let me know if you try it or what you would change.