Hello fellow foodies,
The zucchni trend continues because it’s summer and why not 😉 Also… I actually meant to follow a friends recipe that called for laughing cow cheese but for some reason at the store I bought babybel. This happens more often than I care to admit.
Anywho it turned out super good anyways so keep that in mind 🙂
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 16 oz. diced green chiles, canned
- 8 laughing cow cheese wedges or 8 babybel cheese wheels.
- 1 1/3 cups white jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 zucchini squash (optional), spiralized or laced.
- 8 Flatout flatbread wraps
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (sprinkled on top, not part of filling)
- 3 fresh avocado, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
Note: My chicken was raw so I started off by boiling it for 20min and shredding it. The heat from it helped melt the cheese. If yours is canned or refrigerated I’d microwave it and the cheese (not the mozerella), together, for 1-3min.
Now onto the recipe!
Preheat the oven to 350
Next crumble or microwave the cheese and mix in the chicken. Than mix in everything else except the zucchni, mozerella cheese, and enchilada sauce.
Eyeball the mixture and put 1/8 into each tortilla. Top it off with some spiralized or laced zucchni.
Roll it up like a taquito and place it in a 9×13 pan. Once all the tortillas are filled spread the enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the mozerella cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20min or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Serve up the enchilades with avocado and green onions!
Our mouths were watering it was so good! Let me know if you try it and what cheese you used 🙂