Hello fellow foodies,
I know many of you are in the hot hot part of summer but we are still experiencing some cold rainy days so this soup sounded perfect! I have a hard time not making rolls when we have soup so if that’s you too here’s the recipe.
Ingredients: (serves 8 may want to half)
- 12 slices turkey bacon, sliced
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup flour or Kodiak Power Cake mix
- 8-10 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4-5 medium/large red potatoes, cubed
- 8 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 2 cups frozen yellow sweet corn, thawed
- 2-3 tsp of garlic powder (optional)
- 2-3 tsp of season salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
First cook the bacon until it’s crispy then set aside in a bowl.
Next melt the butter on medium high heat and cook the onions until translucent.
After about 3-5min mix in the flour. We have lots of kodiax mix so I used that instead.
Next mix in the milk one cup at a time until there are no lumps. Whisk often to avoid burning and bring to a boil.
Mix in broccoli and potatoes. Let cook on medium/high heat 10-15min or until the potatoes are tender.
Lastly mix in the chicken, bacon, corn and spices. Simmer until heated through.
Serve it up in bowls with cheddar cheese and green onions.
We like to serve ours with rolls as well. This is one soup that taste even better as a left over!