Hello fellow foodies,
We’ve had a lot of family visiting this summer and have plans to visit them as well. I’ve been sticking to a lot of tried and true recipes, already posted in my food section.
I have lots of new yummy recipes coming though! I just need to finish testing and tweaking them. Try not to spend tons of extra time in the kitchen with family around.
Hope everyone else has been enjoying the beautiful summer weather! Soaking up some sunshine while you can! Being a native to Arizona I am defintely a desert rat.
Anyways this recipe is approved by our visitors and one of my favorites. I’m so surprised I havent posted it already! It’s just 3 easy steps!
- 2 15oz cans of corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 15oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 avocado (optional, I didn’t have any)
- 1 large tomatoe or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 green onions.
- 2 large cans of cooked chicken breast*
- 1 cup franks red hot buffalo sauce
- 2tsp minced garlic
- 1 packet hidden valley dressing
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbs of milk
* If you’re not in a bind for time you can put 6 chicken breasts, garlic and hot sauce in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6hrs and shred when finished.
Step 1– Mix corn, black beans, and chopped veggies.
Step 2– Mix greek yogurt, milk, and dressing mix in a seperate bowl.
Step 3 – Add greek yogurt, hot sauce and chicken in with your veggies. Mix well.
That’s it you’re done! It’s great by itself, on top of rice, on a salad and taste even better leftover!
I had a little helper eating all my chopped bell peppers and mixing everything up for me.
Let me know if you try it,